Ontario Tourism and Travel Small Business Support Grant Now Available
The Ontario Tourism and Travel Small Business Support Grant provides one-time payments of $10,000 to $20,000 to eligible small businesses in the tourism and travel sector.
The Ontario Small Business Support Grant was designed to help businesses in the tourism and travel sector that were required to close or significantly restrict services under the Province-wide Shutdown effective December 26, 2020. Businesses that received the Ontario Small Business Support Grant are not eligible for the new grant.
Support can be used, for eligible recipients, in whatever way makes the most sense for their business. Examples include paying employee wages and/or investing in recovery.
To be eligible for this grant, a business must:
- Have 99 or fewer employees on April 30, 2021
- Have a revenue decline of at least 20% if the business began operating or was acquired before July 2, 2019
- Operate a tourism or travel business in Ontario from an eligible list that began operating before 2021, and was in operation on April 30, 2021
Businesses are not eligible for this grant if they:
- Received the Ontario Small Business Support Grant
- Began operating in 2021 or were acquired in 2021
- Are owned, operated or maintained by the federal, provincial or a municipal government or any of their agencies
- Are owned by a person holding federal or provincial office or a provincial employee
Applications for this grant will close on Friday, June 25, 2021, at 11:59 pm EDT.