A positive and progressive workplace is everything. At DJB, we pride ourselves on creating a work-life balance for our employees. With that in mind, we still spend a lot of time with our co-workers throughout the year. This is why DJB focuses on creating a fun environment to ensure the workday is rewarding. We host a number of social events throughout the year including end-of-tax season parties, summer socials, our annual holiday party, and a number of other fun celebratory events.
Below are a few examples of the social events hosted in 2021 and 2022:
- Second City Interactive Virtual Comedy and Improv Show + $40 Door Dash gift card to order food during the show
- Virtual Accounting meme contest in Niagara – create a funny meme related to accounting to win
- Summer Food Truck visits to the offices
- Axe Throwing social event
- Halloween spirit dress-up
- Virtual National Accounting Day Trivia Contest with prizes
- Holiday time turkey giveaway contest (15 turkeys in total)
- Holiday social events + virtual Secret Santa gift exchange
- National “I want you to be Happy” Day celebration (happy meals for all staff)
- Regular Starbucks orders for the staff during busy season
DJB has been recognized as one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top Employers for three years (2020, 2022, and 2023) and has also been named as one of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers in 2022.
As a result of receiving these magnificent awards, the Firm celebrated by hosting an event to recognize the hard work of the staff and Partners, without whom these achievements could never be reached!
DJB celebrated with balloons, cookies, and goodie bags. In April, all offices were closed early (4 PM) for a virtual event with Canadian musician and Juno nominee Peter Katz. Peter spoke and performed for our staff in a one-hour session on the topic of resilience and wellness. Inspirational and motivational stories were shared along with a live musical performance. This gave staff the opportunity to disconnect during the busiest month of the year and focus on their wellbeing.
We also encourage our employees to share their passions with us, so we can align our community support where everyone feels involved and included. Employees are encouraged to donate their time to a community board or to get involved in their communities or committees. DJB also provides financial support to a variety of local organizations. We invite you to view our community page to learn more about the value we place on supporting the communities in which we live and work.